Resources for ApplicantsThe process of applying to MBA programs can be daunting. To help your application process we suggest the following tips:
Tips for Applicants
- Look for a school that understands Veterans – Owen has a great reputation for supporting and understanding Veterans. While many schools make this claim, Owen truly works to support its Veteran population. Be sure to check out Owen’s site for military applicants.
- Connect early and often – Interested in Owen? Great! Be sure to fill out a Vanderbilt Owen inquiry form to get more information. Also, be sure to check out Owen’s admission information for military applicants. All Veterans and military applicants are offered an application fee waiver.
- Start preparing for the GMAT – There are multiple resources available, so take the time to find one that works for you. Some current students used Magoosh, while others preferred Manhattan or other preparation programs. Regardless, start preparing as soon as you can!
- Schedule a visit – Once you’ve reached out to the Owen admissions office, be sure to schedule a visit. It’s tough to get a true feel for an MBA program based on marketing material, so if at all possible visit and connect with current students.
- Connect with current students – Be sure to send us a note at: ArmedForcesClub@owen.vanderbilt.edu Once you do, we’ll be sure to connect you with a fellow Veteran to discuss the process.
- Work on your resume – You’ll need it for the application process, and it’s obviously key for the job search process. If you need some help translating the military jargon feel free to reach out to us, we would love to help review your resume and provide some feedback.