The HOP Recruitment:
The majority of recruitment for HOP students occur during Module 1 and Module 2. Owen offers tremendous resources for students to get in front of great companies for summer internships and full-time positions. HOPA also assists in resume and cover letter reviews in addition to interview preparation.
HOPA Mod 1 Recruitment:
HOPA Mod 2 Recruitment:
HOP Internship Interviews
Women MBAs Conference
West Coast Tech Trek & Company Visits
Below are additional resources for HOP students:
- MBA Career Bible
- Vault Guide to Human Resources Careers
- Vault Guide to Top Internships
- Look at the Industries tab and look for the HR section
- Online Guide to Careers in Human Resources including Overview, Requirements, Job Outlook, Career Tracks, and Compensation (Careers & Industries > Careers > Human Resources)
- WetFeet Guide to Careers in Human Resources
- WetFeet Guide to Industries and Careers for MBAs
- Flawless Consulting, Peter Block
- HR Value Proposition, David Ulrich
- Human Resource Champions, David Ulrich
- The Quest for Loyalty, Frederick Reichheld
- The Southwest Airlines Way, Jody Hoffer Gittell
- The Human Equation, Jeffrey Pfeffer
- Talent On Demand, Peter Cappelli
- HR Competencies, Broadbank, Johnson and Ulrich
- Beyond HR, Boudreau and Ramstad
- The Future of HR MGT, Mike Losey
- The HR Scorecard, Becker, Huselid and Ulrich
- Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM): Information about HR disciplines, current news, publications, conferences, communities, and research. Students can join at a discounted rate.
- HR.com: Resources for networking and job boards
- Deloitte Consulting Human Capital Practice Website: Industry articles, case studies, and news.
- ODportal.com: Resources including links, books, and information about organization development.
- Personnel Today: Human Resource news, strategy, and community posts.
- Workforce Management: Human Resource news, topics, and webinars.