Our club organizes various events to help our members learn about career opportunities in operations and to connect them with professionals in the industry.
2015 – 2016 Events:
- Operations Career Symposium: This half-day event provided incoming students with an overview of careers in operations, on campus partners & common career paths. There was also a panel discussion with alumni and second-year students, along with a discussion of an operations case study. The Owen operations faculty also introduce themselves and give brief overviews of the courses they teach and their areas of research.
- Lunch and Learns with companies such as Amazon, Chevron, and Johnson & Johnson
- Company Research and Case Interview Preparation Session
- Mock Interviews with second-years for first-years to prepare for internship interviews
- Panel Discussions with 2nd Year MBAs on Tips for a Successful Internship Search and Summer Experience
Case Competitions: Our members have participated in a number of case competitions in the past including:
- MIT Sloan Operations Simulation Competition
- Global Supply Chain Management Case Competition at Purdue University
- International Case Competition at Tepper School of Business