Website general recommendations:
- Pictures, logos, graphs, etc. definitely enhance your pages.
- Set yourself up for success and try to make your content “EVERGREEN” where possible.
- Keep your calendar and event photos up to date, especially during the school year when prospective students and recruiters will be on your site most.
- Please keep the variety and importance of your audience members in mind as you build your club’s site: prospective students, current students, recruiters, faculty, staff, alumni, sponsors, etc. Your website can be a resources for your audiences, so include items/pages that may interest them.
- Be creative. We provide guidelines and suggestions for the minimum requirements/basic pages of your website. You have the freedom to add more pages and content (within reason). If you are interested in things like picture sliders and promo widgets, talk to Suzannah Green about enhancements.
Links to know:
- http://www.blogs.owen.vanderbilt.edu is the home page of Blogs@Owen. You will find a complete listing of all Owen Word Press sites here that vary from simple blogs to more elaborate “websites.” Your new club website will be a part of this network.
- http://www.owen.vanderbilt.edu/programs/mba/life-at-owen/student-clubs.cfm — This is the page on our school website: owen.vanderbilt.edu, where all clubs and club websites will be listed.
Last updated Thursday, March 13, 2014