1) WHEN SHOULD I EXPECT TO HEAR IF MY TEAM IS SELECTED TO COMPETE?
The Owen Case Competition Leadership Team and our sponsors will select 10-12 teams (“Selected Teams”) as the finalists for the Competition based on the candidate teams’ demonstrated knowledge and interest in human capital issues, personal and professional backgrounds, and experience related to the Competition. The selected teams will be notified via email of their selection starting TBD.
2) WHEN AND WHERE WILL THE COMPETITION TAKE PLACE?
The 2023 competition will take place in-person at Vanderbilt’s Owen Graduate School of Management in Nashville, TN on September 29-30, 2023. Please note that all team members must be present from 7:30 am CST on Friday to 1:00 pm CST on Saturday. In addition, there will be an optional networking happy hour on Thursday evening.
3) CAN MY TEAM PARTICIPATE VIRTUALLY?
No. This is an in-person event, and all teams must be physically present for the entirety of the event to participate.
4) WHAT EVENTS SHOULD I EXPECT TO PARTICIPATE IN IF MY TEAM IS SELECTED TO COMPETE?
Events for the competition will take place Friday, September 29th, 2023, and Saturday, September 30th, 2023. More details around each event will be posted closer to the time of the competition.
5) WHAT EXPENSES WILL PARTICIPANTS BE EXPECTED TO COVER?
Each team is responsible for any expenses relating to the competition, including but not limited to, travel, lodging, and food.
6) WHERE SHOULD MY TEAM STAY IN NASHVILLE IF WE ARE SELECTED?
Information about Nashville lodging options is included on the Competition Logistics page.