Networking aka Informational Interviewing
Most of us dread networking! Read this article by Lily Zhang to learn how to conduct an informational interview instead.
Networking involves cultivating and maintaining productive relationships with existing contacts while expanding these types of productive relationships with new contacts. Chances are your network already includes many people who can be helpful with your job search.
Your network contacts can:
- Provide you with information about companies in which you are interested.
- Give you advice on your career plan and job search.
- Offer feedback on your resume or qualifications.
- Refer you to company contacts or other individuals who can help you get your foot in the door.
- Introduce you to hiring managers.
The information below, as well as the Online Resources, will help you as you prepare to network and conduct networking meetings.