- Degrees: Bachelor of Science, Master in Business Administration
- Certifications: Decision Styles (Decision Dynamics), Hogan Leadership Forecast Series Assessment, KF Choices (for Learning Agility), KF Learning From Experience (LFE), KF ViaEdge (Learning Agility Self-Assessment), KF4D Four Dimensions of Leadership, Lominger Voices360 Assessment, Myers Briggs MBTI
- Hobbies: College football, Music, Ukelele
David specializes in pragmatic, integral coaching across all aspects of professional leadership development and executive performance. His broad business background and experiences provide David with a unique perspective and insights that allow him to build credibility, comfort and trust with seasoned executives. David specializes in helping leaders develop effective communications skills, hone leadership style and approach, and improve self-awareness and self-development capabilities.
David began coaching in 2011 with Korn Ferry | Hay Group, working with Director and VP-level corporate leaders, transitioning military officers, and EMBA candidates at some of the world’s top B-Schools. David’s former clients are influential leaders in some of the world’s most well-respected companies, including Accenture, Apple, Ernst & Young, Genentech, IBM, McKinsey & Co., and Yahoo!
Apple, Roche-Genentech, SAP, IBM, McKinsey & Co., SONOS, Ernst & Young, UHG
Education and Credentials
- MBA – Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University
- BS – Leadership and Organizational Studies – University of Maine
- PCC – Certified Integral Coach – New Ventures West
- Global Vice President – Korn Ferry | Hay Group
- Sr. Manager – Deloitte
- Director of Manufacturing – Acorn Inc.
- Factory Manager – Dexter Shoe Company (Berkshire Hathaway)
- Hogan Leadership Series
- Korn Ferry Suite of Assessments
- MBTI (steps 1 and 2)
David’s coaching centers around cultivating mindset and focusing on the three “A’s” of leadership: Awareness, Authenticity, and Agility.
David’s approach combines business know-how with a broad range of coaching techniques to provide performance, development, transition and vitality coaching to successful executives. Grounded in integral theory, David’s coaching a takes a “whole person” approach to help his clients define and achieve success; he focuses on enabling them to thrive in all aspects of their busy careers and personal lives.
Community Activities and Personal Interests
Outside of his passion for helping others develop and grow, David spends much of his free time going to concerts, attending sporting events, reading, playing various string instruments, and spending time with his wife Karen and their two boys, Jackson and Declan. A self-proclaimed audiophile, bibliophile and ukulele enthusiast. David is also a Stanford football season ticket holder and all-around sports fan.