- Degrees: Bachelor of Arts, Master of Science
- Certifications: Certified Professional Co-active Coach (CPCC), EQ-i 2.0 Emotional Intelligence Instrument, EQ360, Hogan Leadership Forecast Series Assessment, International Coach Federation, Leadership Architect 101, Lominger Voices360 Assessment
- Hobbies: Movies, Music, Radio Podcasting, Running, Swing dancing, Writing
Glenn Taylor is devoted to helping others grow, change, and maximize their potential. A certified coach, consultant, speaker and writer, he supports individuals and organizations in achieving higher performance characterized by concrete action and results. Glenn specializes in leadership, team performance, career advancement, personal branding, emotional intelligence and effective communication.
Founder and President of Skybound Coaching & Training, Glenn hosts the “Dare to Fly Higher Podcast,” and creates content for the Skybound blog, YouTube Channel and online courses, in addition to writing for Forbes.com. Prior to being a full-time entrepreneur, Glenn worked as Chief Marketing Officer for the Houston Symphony, in which he led a team of over 20 marketing, PR and customer service professionals, was responsible for $10 million in revenue, and spearheaded the complete rebranding of the institution in celebration of its centennial.
Glenn is an Associate Certified Coach through the International Coach Federation (ICF), and has his Masters of Science in Organizational Development and Leadership. He coaches, teaches and facilitates coach training for entities including Rice University, Vanderbilt University and University of Houston. He serves on the board for the Houston Chapter of the International Coach Federation (ICF).
My ideal clients are next generation leaders and high potentials (gen x and y), professionals in career transition, entrepreneurs and creatives, nonprofit administrators and any corporate or nonprofit team.
Client organizations that I have worked with include:
- Rice University
- LAN: Lockwood, Andrews & Newnam, Inc. (engineering)
- Lucas Group (recruiting/search)
- LiquidFrameworks, Inc. (oil & gas tech firm)
- Museum of Fine Arts, Houston
- Nonprofit Leadership Alliance
Education and Credentials
- Bachelors in Music Business: Loyola University New Orleans
- Masters of Science in Organization Development and Leadership: St. Joseph’s University
- Certified Professional Co-Active Coach (CPCC): Coaches Training Institute
- Associate Certified Coach (ACC): International Coach Federation
Chief Marketing Officer, Houston Symphony
Multiple marketing positions, Houston Symphony
- Hogan Personality Assessment
- Korn Ferry Voices306
- Korn Ferry Leadership Architect Competencies
- EQ-I 2.0 Emotional Intelligence Instrument
- EQ360 Emotional Intelligence 360
I fully embody the idea of coaching as a partnership. My clients find me to be approachable, authentic, confident and at-ease, which invites them into a similar stance. I believe every coaching engagement is an opportunity to empower my clients to take courageous and concrete steps out of their comfort zone and into their full potential, which translates into higher performance and greater fulfillment.
Community Activities and Personal Interests
I serve on the board of the Houston Chapter of the International Coach Federation, and will become president of the chapter in 2019. Previously, I served multiple years on the board of the Houston Chapter of the American Marketing Association. I am also a jazz pianist, swing dancer, and enjoy performing the occasional magic trick. Find out more at goskybound.com and glenntaylor.com.